Current Green Job Vacancies in the UAE
|Executive Director for The Canadian Business Council of Abu Dhabi|
The Canadian Business Council of Abu Dhabi is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Executive Director.
A non for profit membership based organization, the council’s mandate is to promote, encourage and facilitate the exchange of business between Canada and the UAE. Our objectives are to create relevant platforms for people to meet and network.
Editor & Programme Manager at Dubai Carbon
Dubai Carbon is hiring!
Job posting: December 2015
In 2014, Dubai Carbon started working with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and government entities on periodic publications in the energy, sustainable development and green economy sector. Dubai Carbon shares what works in the UAE and abroad, provides data and gets entities to replicate the success stories and collaborates.
The knowledge-product arm of the business grew into three independent publications with annual editions plus various corporate reports for clients that take a fresh approach to environmental and sustainability reporting.
Dubai Carbon needs someone to take the existing products to the next level, editorially, commercially and geographically.
Dubai Carbon is looking for someone with experience in similar products that will develop and expand publications further, create new products, enhance the economic value and grow the reports’ relevance. An editor with a briefcase.
Required skills from the ideal candidate:
- a fantastic communicator, a charmer, who is capable of forging long lasting relationship from a single introduction and capable of thinking outside the box
- you will need to be a multitasker with strong project management skills as well as the ability to lead a team of in-house staff and freelancers.
- we move quickly, be stress resilient, creative and able to find better ways of doing things when unexpected problems arise
- we connect the dots in our publications, from legislation, to case studies over to replicable solutions – we need you to put the read thread in the editorial and guide the overall narrative.
- previous experience with government relations will help, we are working very closely with federal ministries and local government entities
- Master’s degree or similar in Journalism, Communications, Commerce, Business Management, Sciences or any related field.
- Work experience of at least 7 years and a background in publishing or the management of conferences and events will be beneficial.
- Write on demand, regardless of content.
WWF is hiring a Climate& Energy Campaign Coordonator
Job posting-November 2015
Deadline - 31 December 2015
Position title: Co-ordinator - Climate and Energy
WWF is hiring a Corporate Partnership Manager
Vacancy posted: November 2015
No. of Openings: 1
· Implements the corporate drivers of the EWS-WWF fundraising strategy together with the corporate team.
· Develops and maintains an annual corporate fundraising plan to drive the growth of corporate partnerships with a fundraising return through securing new partnerships and managing existing relationships for unrestricted funding platforms and programme sponsorships across the UAE.
· Adheres to and stays abreast of the legal framework for fundraising initiatives of the UAE.
· Generates leads and secures new partners for the Programme Sponsors, Corporate Members, micro donation/licensing schemes and fundraising events to achieve corporate fundraising goals.
· Attends relevant networking opportunities related to conservation, sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
· Seeks opportunities to promote our work to a corporate audience.
· Grows the level of in-kind support for EWS-WWF through securing new partnerships with corporations.
· Empower organizations to fundraise for EWS-WWF through their CSR agenda.
· Develops fundraising proposals and presentations.
· Leads, develops and supports the corporate team to achieve their funding goals.
· Sets fundraising corporate targets together with Development Director.
· Ensures fundraising reports are generated on time from corporate team in accordance with the Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
· Adheres to the WWF Corporate Engagement Guidelines, seeking to build the transformational elements of corporate partnerships over time and adhering to due diligence processes appropriate for EWS-WWF.
· Submits annual Corporate Engagement report to WWF international.
· Provides corporate data for WWOV report annually.
· Ensures WWF Insight Global Corporate database is maintained up to date and effectively utilized amongst the corporate team.
· Optimizes the use of salesforce CRM database for all funding opportunities and reporting processes.
· Maintains relationship with WWF Corporate Engagement team and Global development Centre to optimize their best practice and strategic advice.
· Post Graduate/Degree in marketing, business administration and/or corporate relations management. Sustainability or CSR qualifications desirable
· 7+ years of professional experience, with demonstrated success in fundraising, sales and marketing, CSR, sustainability and/or project management. Knowledge of sponsorship sales and marketing and advantage. Previous relationships with CSR leaders is an advantage.
· Experience in leadership roles in project management and people management, particularly in delivering and execution
· Excellent ability to communicate effectively
· Excellent presentation skills
· Sound Knowledge of Organizational Policies
· Specialist Expertise and Versatility
· Arabic language is an advantage
· Technical expertise-CRM system software knowledge and advantage.
· Valid UAE driver’s license and own vehicle
WWF is hiring an Event Specialist
Vacancy posted: November 2015
No. of Openings: 1
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Design and manage an annual event planner for EWS-WWF Development department.
· Manage the planning, coordination, budget, content, promotion and logistics for successful execution of all internal and external events associated with EWS-WWF fundraising goals.
· Establish and manage partnerships with key companies with an event focus to secure restricted and unrestricted funding through partner events.
· Co-creation of event goals with partners
· Implement sustainable event guidelines with partner.
· Conduct research on potential partners for events to maximize opportunity to raise funds and conduct due diligence on selected partners
· Organize an annual EWS-WWF event to showcase our success stories and garner more support for our conservation work.
· Seek to leverage existing events within the UAE that could be optimize for a fundraising return.
· Work in partnership with event agencies where applicable and manage the relationship, contractual deliverables.
· Garner in-kind support and reduced rates for NGO’s from event agencies where possible
· Optimize brand exposure opportunities through partnership event with fundraising goals.
· Work closely with Strategic Partnership Manager to identify partner NGO’s to enable income streams.
· Work closely with Marketing Manager to develop collateral, content and tools as required for partner.
· Work closely with Conservation teams to create event opportunities for programme funding.
· Work closely with the Development team to identify the right partners.
· Optimize the salesforce CRM system to track event opportunities and use of event systems such as event brite.
Education and Experience:
· Post Graduate/Graduate degree in the relevant field
· 5+ years of event planning and management experience (non-profit fundraising and/or special event experience preferred)
· Excellent Event planning and management experience
· Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in content management systems, fundraising and volunteer management, sponsorship sales and marketing
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are essential.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to promote and market the event to ensure maximum participation
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Green Initiative is Hiring BD Professional/Enginee
Vacancy posted: October 2015
Department: Business Development
Head of Business Development ashiq_at_greeninitiative.me
1. Identifying and generating new sales leads
2. Pitching products and/or services
3. Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers and generating more revenue
4. Survey and/or audit site to prepare quotes and proposals
Day-to-day duties include:
· Researching organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
· Researching the needs of other companies and/or creating the need and awareness of sustainability to promote green life style and convert to sales.
· Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
· Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
· Pitching and/or converting the existing contacts data base of the candidate.
· Preparing appropriate quotations, proposals and tenders based on the audit report or inquiry with the right green product and/or service
· Obtain quotations and products information from suppliers and contractors for projects submissions and implementation.
Other duties include:
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales/budget displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments with the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and re-negotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Advising the management with new products and services in sustainability and proposal submission if required for expansion.
- Socially adept and Positive Team Player
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Good Knowledge in Sustainability, Renewable Energy and related fields
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- Good knowledge of the sustainability industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization
- Bachelor or Higher Degree in Marketing/Management/Business Administration or related
- Bachelor or Higher Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related
- Bachelor or Higher Degree in Sustainability/Renewable Energy/NANO Technology or related
- Preferred with previous working experience (Trainee/Intern/Part time/Full time).
- Comprehensive initial and constant training and development will be provided
- Opportunity to continue further higher studies and grow with the company
- Excellent working environment, corporate culture and career growth opportunity
- Opportunity to bring in your new ideas and thoughts for development and lead them under you if approved
- Salary : Negotiable
Unilever - Full time 6 month contract - Environment and Sustainabilty Assistant Manager in Dubai
Vacancy posted: September 2015
|Department: SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) , Supply chain|
Main Job Purpose:
Responsible for Environment & Sustainability for Gulf. Main tasks include:
1.Meet global environmental targets for gulf and ensure accurate reporting
2.Reduction in water and energy consumption, and waste generation through developing and implementing projects across Gulf
3.Lead environmental projects across Gulf and always seek new opportunities
4.Support our Internal Communication team on how we can increase employee engagement on our USLP Agenda focusing on CFP reduction.
5.Central focal point for environmental regional/local information management and analysis.
6.Develop local environmental campaigns and collaborate with regional programs.
7.Capability building for SSHE coordinators and facilities team across Gulf sites
8.Establishing partnerships with customers and suppliers and engaging with them on their sustainability agenda.
9.Ensure 100% compliance with environmental local legislation
10.Represent the company in environmental events, seminars, and conferences
Regularly present updates on environmental performance to management
· Consumer and customer focus
· Accountability and Responsibility
· Bias for Action
· Developing Self and Others
· Team Leadership
· Project Management: Fully Operational
Required education and skills:
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant Environmental science degree
- Relevant technical experience in EHS fields
-Good understanding of the global environmental issues & their links to the FMCG business
-ISO 14001 EMS & Auditor
-Masters Degree in Environmental/Sustainability studies, NEBOSH, Project Management
iSolarworx - Full time- Head of Sales
Vacancy Posted : June 2015.
iSolarWorkx designs and manufactures Renewable Energy (RE) educational Do It Yourself (DIY) kits for the young generations locally and internationally to teach them science, especially Physics. Using our first product – Solar Educational DIY kit, science education is integrated through a set of experiments drawn from British, American and IB curricula.
1. Developing a sales business plan covering sales, revenue, expense controls and meeting agreed targets.
2. Assisting in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic sales forecasts for our first product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort).
3. Advising senior management on maximising business relationships and create an environment where customer service can flourish.
4. Promoting the organisation’s presence in the UAE and the rest of the GCC and the MENA regions.
5. Planning and recruitment control of sales representatives to accomplish sales specific objectives. Interested in joining a winning team?
Please apply with one page CV and one page cover letter mentioning specifically how you were able to handle the above points in your previous role to talent_at_isolarworkx.com www.isolarworkx.com/.
Business Development Manager (Managing Director) - Middle East
Vacancy Posted : April 2015
Start Date: TBA
The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body for the global energy industry, providing learning and networking opportunities, professional recognition and energy knowledge resources for individuals and companies worldwide. It serves society with independence, disseminating knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system. .
Energy Auditor/ HVAC Specialist
Vacancy Posted : March 2015
Start Date: Immediate
Professional Attributes and Background
The ideal candidate should possess at least 3 years related professional experience and hold a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering. LEED AP certification preferred. Professional proficiency in English is required. Arabic language skills highly valued. Proven communication and analytical skills is required. Experience and strong network of contacts within Dubai and the UAE highly valued.
The company is an energy management company oriented to provide and implement energy saving solutions to their clients.